Need to return a product?
How do I return a product?
Outdoorphoto is a trusted photographic retailer with more than a decade of delivering excellent service and products. We are confident that you will be satisfied with every purchase you make.
If there is any issue with your purchase, you can return the goods and we will either repair, replace, or credit your account, subject to the below terms. We are committed to operating our business in terms of the Consumer Protection Act and all policies are subject to the applicable law.
*Note that the Return Policy is subject to Outdoorphoto T&Cs and, unless the context indicates otherwise, its terms apply. Please note that this Return Policy does not apply to Used Gear (see Section 7).
What you need to know before logging a return
- All returns are liable for inspection upon arrival.
- Where applicable, we reserve the right to deduct an administrative fee from the refund, which will be disclosed after inspection.
- If a refund is due, we will process the claim within 10 business days from the date of receiving the return.
- We reserve the right to charge/deduct a Standard Courier Fee of R95 from your refund, subject to the below terms.
Preparing your product for return
We will refund or exchange most goods if you return them within 30 days of purchase. You will need to provide your original invoice, so please keep this in a safe place. Goods received after this 30-day period will attract a handling and restocking fee, and might be declared as non-returnable.
Is your product returnable?
- RETURNABLE: The product must still be in its original condition and packaging. It must include all parts and accessories sold with the product. The product must be unused unless it is faulty. Please refer to Section 3 for Defective Products.
- NON-RETURNABLE items include opened consumable items, books, gift cards, software, film, paper, ink cartridges, and any other items registered to a specific person, e.g. Wacom tablets.
For quick processing, ensure that you:*
- Package your products safely and securely for protection during transit.
- Include all accessories and parts that were sold with the product.
- Clearly mark your order/invoice number on the outside of the parcel.
You are also welcome to bring the product/s in to our store in Waterkloof Glen
*Failure to adhere to any of these requirements could delay the processing of your request or result in its decline altogether. Additional charges can apply for items that were inadequately packaged for transit.
How to package the parcel:
If the item is already in a box:
- Make sure it can't move around in the box.
- Bubble wrap or crumpled up paper can be used as cushion/filler.
- Wrap the box in a protective layer so that it can't get scratched during transit, eg. do not hand the couriers an unwrapped camera box.
- Mark the package as fragile.
If the item is not in a box:
- Wrap the item individually with bubble wrap.
- Place the item inside a box, eg. shoe box.
- Use bubble wrap or crumpled up paper as cushion/filler.
- Mark the package as fragile.
1. Unwanted products
Changed your mind?
If you have changed your mind and would like to credit the product, you can return it at your own cost within 30 days – provided that the product is not one of the following:
- Computer software that has been unsealed.
- An item registered to a person’s name, as with extended warranty registrations that require serial number identification.
- Books can be returned within a reasonable time, subject to inspection.
We can also collect the product from you at your own cost of R95. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will credit your account with the purchase price of the product within 10 days of the return (or refund you if that is your preference). Please see Section 6 of the Return Policy for Charges and Refunds.
Want to exchange?
Products can be exchanged for a different size or colour variation, provided that such variation is available. In such a case, we can collect the product from you at your own cost and deliver the requested product to you at no charge at our own discretion. Note that we may inspect the product to validate your return.
If the returned product is similar in Rand value to the item you want to exchange it for, Outdoorphoto may, at its sole discretion, arrange to refund for the difference paid prior to shipping the original product.
Not what you ordered?
If we accidentally delivered the incorrect product, or if the product is not as described on our website, please notify us and we will collect the product from you at no charge. If the product is missing any accessories or parts, you will need to follow the process set out in Section 2 below.
Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will, at your choice, deliver the correct product to you as soon as possible (if the correct product is available); or credit your account with the purchase price of the product within 10 days of the return (or refund you if that is your preference).
2. Damaged products
Should a product be damaged or missing any parts or accessories at the time of delivery/collection, please notify us within 7 days of such delivery/collection by logging a return with us.
We will arrange to collect the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice repair/replace the product as soon as possible (if such repair is possible/ we have the same product in stock to use as a replacement) or credit your account with the purchase price of the product (or refund you if that is your preference).
3. Defective products
What is a defect? A defect is a material imperfection in the manufacture of a product or any characteristic of a product, which makes the product less acceptable than one would reasonably be entitled to expect in the circumstances, e.g., out-of-box failure.
We do our best to ensure that the products we deliver to you are of high quality and in good working order without any defects. Outdoorphoto reserves the right to test and evaluated any faulty items personally or to return the item to the manufacturer/supplier for further assessment before a refund/exchange can be made.
The following are not regarded as defects and do not qualify as returns
- Faults resulting from normal wear and tear.
- Damage arising from negligence, user abuse or the incorrect use of the product.
- Damage arising from electrical surges or sea air corrosion.
- Damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product.
- Damage arising from unauthorised alterations to the product.
- Damage arising from water or moisture related incidents.
- Where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on the online shop and generally fit for its intended purpose, do not suit you.
If you have received a product which turns out to be defective or otherwise of poor quality, please notify us as soon as reasonably possible after you become aware of the defect or poor quality, but in any event within 6 months after delivery / collection of the product (except in the case of an extended supplier warranty, which is set out below). Unfortunately, we cannot facilitate returns that fall outside of the 6-month period or any extended supplier warranty.
Log a return or by emailing email@example.com, and we will arrange to collect the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice (and subject to supplier discretion) repair/replace the product (if such repair is possible / we have the same product in stock to use as a replacement) or credit your account with the purchase price of the product (or refund you if that is your preference).
Extended Supplier Warranty
A product may have a supplier warranty that extends beyond the 6-month Standard Warranty. If such a product turns out to be defective more than 6 months after delivery/collection (apart from the direct warranty products which are discussed below), please notify us as soon as reasonably possible after you become aware of the defect, within the extended supplier warranty period after delivery/collection of the product.
You can do so by logging a return with us, and we will facilitate your return at the cost of R95. Unfortunately, we cannot facilitate returns that fall outside of the extended supplier warranty period.
Please note that any extended supplier warranty is subject to whatever T&Cs the supplier or manufacturer may impose. These are usually stated in a brochure or leaflet inside or on the product packaging. It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of any such T&Cs.
It is important to note that it will be in the supplier or manufacturer’s discretion to what remedy can be offered. Outdoorphoto is under no obligation to provide you with a credit, repair/replacement, as your remedy lies with the supplier or manufacturer.
Unless otherwise indicated in the online product description's "In The Box" tab, Outdoorphoto complies with the following supplier warranties.
• Canon PowerShot compact cameras are covered by a 1-Year Warranty.
• Canon DSLR, Mirrorless and Professional Video Cameras are covered by a 2-Year Warranty.
• Canon Lenses are covered by a 2-Year Warranty.
• Canon Projectors and Binoculars are covered by a 2-Year Warranty.
• Canon PIXMA G-Series Printers are covered by a 1-Year Warranty or 30 000 prints/copies, whichever comes first.
• Canon software and consumables such as batteries, inks, toners and cartridges are covered by a 6-Month Warranty.
• Nikon Compact Cameras and Coolpix W300, B500 and B600 are covered by a 1-Year Warranty.
• Nikon DSLR's including the Coolpix P950 and P1000 are covered by a 2-Year Warranty.
• Nikon Lenses and Flashes are covered by a 2-Year Warranty.
• Nikon Binoculars are covered by a 10-Year Warranty.
• Nikon Rangefinders are covered by a 5-Year Warranty.
• Sony Alpha Mirrorless Cameras, Lenses & Flashes are covered by a 2-Year Warranty.
• Sony Compact Cameras and Camcorders are covered by a 1-Year Warranty.
• Fujifilm Cameras are covered by a 2-Year Warranty.
• Tamron is covered by a 2-Year Warranty (extended to 3 years when registering your purchase).
• Sigma Mirrorless Cameras are covered by a 2-Year Warranty.
• Sigma Sport Lenses are covered by a 5-Year Warranty.
• Sigma Art & Contemporary Lenses are covered by a 3-Year Warranty.
• Lexar varies from 2 to 10-Year Warranties.
• SanDisk is covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
• Godox products, excluding batteries are covered by a 1-Year Warranty.
• Blackmagic Design products are covered by a 1-Year Warranty.
• Zeiss binoculars are covered by a 10-Year Warranty except for the Terra range which is covered by a 2-Year Warranty.
• Used Gear purchased from Outdoorphoto is supplied with a 6-Month Warranty.
*For all other product warranties, refer to the online product description "In The Box" tab.
4. Gift Cards
Gift cards are non-returnable and non-refundable. Wherever you have used a gift card to purchase a product that you later return for a refund in accordance with the Return Policy, we cannot refund you in cash for that portion of the purchase price which you paid using the gift card, but we will credit it to your account.
Unless otherwise indicated, we will only accept bundle returns comprising all its original component products and accessories. Failure to do so will result in declining the return/refund.
6. Charges & Refunds
If you return a defective product to us, but fail to return all of the accessories and parts that were sold with the product or there are signs of use, we are entitled to (subject to applicable law) refuse the return, only to replace the item that you did return, or to estimate the value of the missing accessories and parts and only to credit or refund you in respect of the returned item.
If you return a product that does not comply with the Return Policy, you may be liable to reimburse Outdoorphoto for the cost of collecting the product from you and the cost of having the product returned to you.
Please note that we only refund to the payment method that you originally used, i.e., payment made by card will be refunded to the same card, payment by EFT or cash will be refunded to your nominated bank account, and gift card payments will be credited to your Outdoorphoto store account. Depending on the method of refund, it can take up to 10 business days to reflect.
Where applicable, Outdoorphoto reserves the right to deduct an administrative fee from the refund, which will be disclosed after inspection. If a refund is due, we will process the claim within 10 business days from the date on which we received the return.
We reserve the right to charge/deduct a Standard Courier Fee of R95 from your refund, subject to T&Cs.
7. Used Gear
All used photographic equipment is covered by a 6-month warranty against any defects that we may have missed during our pre-inspection. If we cannot replace your equipment, we will refund you if it is uneconomical to repair.
Note that, if a product’s factory warranty is still valid, it will automatically be carried over to you.
If you want to log a return with us, please notify us within 7 days of receiving shipment / collecting the used gear in-store. We will not accept any requests for return after this 7-day period.
Updates to our policy
Outdoorphoto reserves the right to make changes to this policy, and any changes to this policy will be posted accordingly.