Welcome to a new dimension of photographic performance with the NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S. With high-resolution precision, see a new world of possibility open up before you. This cutting-edge design gives you access to the latest in optical technology, research and development. Crafted with Nikon’s optical heritage in mind, the Nikon Z 24-70mm f/4 S lens delivers sharper images with minimal aberrations.
- Standard focal-length range from wide-angle 24 mm to medium-telephoto 70 mm can effectively cover a wide variety of scenes and subjects with rendering a performance that will change the perception of zoom lenses with a maximum aperture of f/4.
- Optical design that suppresses variations in aberrations from shooting distances of close-up to infinity, demonstrating sharp resolution even in the peripheral areas of the frame from the maximum aperture, and fine point-image reproduction.
- Achieved a minimum focus distance of just 0.3 m across the zoom range.
- Adoption of an ED glass element, an aspherical ED lens element, and three aspherical lens elements.
- Nano Crystal Coat adopted to suppress ghost and flare.
- Has the size needed to deliver an extremely high standard of optical performance, yet provides outstanding portability; employs a retracting mechanism that can be set on/off without pressing a button and reduces total length for a compact lens that can easily be taken anywhere.
- In consideration to a dust- and drip-resistance, the entire lens, including moving parts, has been sealed.
- Fluorine coat applied to the front lens surface.
A standard zoom that's anything but standard
A 24-70mm zoom lens covers a sweet spot of the focal length range. Capture wide-angle views one moment, close-ups the next and everything in between. This reimagining of the classic everyday zoom, optimized and evolved for new Z cameras, achieves breakthrough image quality and performance for both stills and videos.
Breakthrough Z system performance
Cutting-edge optical technology. Empowered by the Z system's larger mount, shorter flange distance and cutting-edge imaging advancements, the NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S delivers uncanny sharpness, vibrance and even lighting across the entire frame.
A constant f/4 max aperture maintains consistent exposure at any zoom setting. Record smooth zoom transitions with even lighting across the entire sequence.
Not rough around the edges
The larger Z Mount enables epic definition and resolution from the centre of the frame to the edges. No need to stop this lens down.
True to life
A new optical formula achieves faithful colour reproduction with minimal axial/lateral chromatic aberration and virtually zero sagittal coma flare, even at 24mm.
Small and mighty
At home away from home. With a highly versatile zoom range for both stills and video, yet a wonderfully compact, lightweight design, the NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S is an ideal travel companion.
Close focus is less than 1 foot (11.8-inches) from your subject (at any focal length) for macro-style shots with a 0.3X reproduction ratio—much larger than most comparable lenses.
New Dual Detect 5 Axis VR
Uses Z cameras' superior in-camera image stabilization system for up to 5 stops of pitch, roll, yaw, X and Y shake correction. Additional electronic VR (e-VR) during video capture.
Durable & lightweight
Extensively sealed against dust and moisture, especially around all moving parts of the barrel. Includes nonstick Fluorine coating on the front element for easy cleaning.
The front line of an imaging revolution
Next-generation Z design and optics. Z lenses, perfectly matched to Z camera bodies, are designed with a sense of consistency that combines reliability and beauty with next-dimension optical performance for freedom in image creation.
The larger Z Mount allows more data to be shared between lens and camera for faster, more accurate focusing and improved distortion control.
Designed specifically for the new Z Mount size, an ultra-quiet new stepping motor (STM) powers fast, near-silent AF and aperture adjustments.
New Customizable Control Ring
Can be used for manual focusing (default), aperture control (great for iris transitions during video recording) or exposure compensation.