Outdoorphoto has a wide range of professional camera and lighting gear for rent in South Africa from the latest available products to the old faithful workhorses. Our rental offering includes the following:
- Canon, Nikon, Sony and Fujifilm camera bodies, lenses and flashes
- Various Sigma and Tamron lenses with Canon / Nikon mounts
- Profoto and Rotolight studio equipment
- Badger, Benro and Manfrotto support gear
- Atomos, Zhiyun and Edelkrone video accessories, and RODE microphones
Why is renting photographic equipment useful?
With quality rental gear, you can ensure the best setup for any shoot:
- Rent backup equipment to complete your kit on photoshoot days.
- Try new equipment, explore new photo opportunities and build your portfolio.
- Test equipment that you consider buying.
Why should you trust us?
All bookings and confirmations are handled by one person, which ensures no double bookings and no misunderstandings. The rest of the team ensures that all the equipment is cleaned, charged, packed and ready for your photographic destination – a piece of cake and peace of mind!
- We have a competitive pricing structure
- We have an easy booking system
- Fast and efficient communication
What will you need from me?
If you have never rented from us before, we will require you to send us the following documents to kickstart your rental application:
- Proof of residence (utility bill/bank statement in the name of the hirer)
- South African ID/valid passport
If you don’t have a proof of residence in your name, we will need of proof of residence in the name of the property owner (utility bill/bank statement), including a signed letter confirming that you are residing at the address. If you are travelling to South Africa and do not have a South African proof of residence, we will need proof of accommodation in South Africa, proof of airline/transport tickets and a valid passport.
Once you have all the required documents ready, email your new rental application to [email protected]. In the email, attach the above-mentioned documentation, a list of the equipment you need and the dates you require it. Note that camera bodies, lenses and flashes are all booked separately, so make sure you request every piece of equipment you need as there is no “combo deal”.
Why must I submit my application in advance?
Send your new rental application documents 4 working days prior to your desired booking collection date as new rental applications take longer to complete before a booking is made/confirmed. Once the rental booking has been confirmed, we will email you the booking confirmation.
What is a rental day? A rental day is from 08:00 (Monday – Friday) until 08:00 the following day. We are closed on Saturdays and Sundays, so weekend rental returns are due on Monday mornings.
How do weekend rentals work?
Collection on Friday (8:00–17:00) and return on Monday before 12:00 = 1-day rental.
Where can I collect my rental gear from?
Shop No 3, Lighting Warehouse Building
Corner of Garstfontein Rd & January Masilela Dr
When should I return rental equipment? All equipment must be returned before 12:00 on the stipulated date as per the rental invoice. Unfortunately, any equipment returned late will be charged for another day in full.