Rent a wide range of camera gear in store or via our online rental store. With quality rental gear, you can ensure the best setup for any shoot:
- Rent backup equipment to complete your kit on photo shoot days
- Try new equipment, explore new photo opportunities and build your portfolio
- Test equipment that you consider buying
Rent from us
All bookings and confirmations are handled by one person, which ensures no double bookings and no misunderstandings. The rest of the team ensures that all the equipment is cleaned, charged, packed and ready for your photographic destination – piece of cake and peace of mind!
- We have a competitive pricing structure
- We have an easy booking system
- Fast and efficient communication
I have never rented from you before – how does it work?
We require the following for new rental applications:
- Proof of residence (utility bill/bank statement in the name of the hirer)
- South African ID/valid passport
*If you don’t have a proof of residence in your name and are residing with a parent, friend or partner, we need the following:
- Proof of residence in the name of the owner (utility bill/bank statement).
- A letter confirming that you are residing at the address as stated; signed by the homeowner (must correlate with the name that appears on the proof of residence).
- South African ID/valid passport of the person whose name appears on the proof of residence.
- South African ID/valid passport of the hirer.
*If you are travelling to South Africa and do not have a South African proof of residence, we need the following:
- Proof of accommodation whilst in South Africa
- Valid passport
- Proof of airline/transport tickets
Who do I send my new rental application documents to?
- For applications, please email our Rentals Department at email@example.com. In the email, include the above-mentioned documentation, a list of the equipment you need and the dates you require it.
- NOTE: Camera bodies, lenses, flashes and memory cards are all booked separately, so make sure you request every piece of equipment you need as there is no “combo deal”.
How long does the new rental application take?
- Send your new rental application documents 2 working days prior to your desired booking collection date as new rental applications can take up to 2 working days to complete before a booking is made/confirmed.
- Once the rental booking is confirmed, we will email you a completed client information form.
What kind of equipment can I rent from you?
- Canon and Nikon camera bodies, lenses and flashes.
- Profoto studio equipment and Badger, Benro and Manfrotto support gear.
- Various Tamron lenses with Canon / Nikon mounts.
I also need…
- A manual for the camera body: You are welcome to request a manual with your booking and we will gladly add it to your rental booking at no extra cost.
- To download my images: You can either book a card reader @R50.00 or request a data download cable for free with your rental.
- To rent a memory card: We have SD & CF cards available for rental with your camera booking, added at extra cost.
What is a rental day?
- A rental day is from 08:00 (Monday – Saturday) until 08:00 the following day.
- We are CLOSED ON SUNDAYS, so weekend rental returns are due on Monday mornings (we will not charge for Sundays).
How do weekend rentals work?
- Collection on Friday (8:00–17:00) and return on Monday before 10:00 = 2 day rental.
- Collection on Saturday (8:00–13:00) and return on Monday before 10:00 = 1 day rental.
- You can also collect on Friday (8:00–17:00) and return on Saturday before 10:00 = 1-day rental.
When should I return rental equipment?
- All equipment must be returned before 10:00 on the stipulated date as per the rental invoice.
- We do offer a grace period to return your rental between 8:00-10:00.
- Unfortunately, any equipment returned late will be charged for another day in full.
Where do I collect & drop off rental gear?
Phone us at +27 (0)12 348 3693
Visit us at Outdoorphoto
Shop nr 3, Lighting Warehouse Building
Corner of Garsfontein Rd. & January Masilela Rd.
- Mondays to Thursdays: 8:00-17:30
- Fridays: 8:00-17:00
- Saturdays: 8:00-14:00
- Public holidays: We are closed on Sundays, Public Holidays*, Easter weekend, and between Christmas and New Year.
*For your convenience, we are open on 16 December 2017.