A flexible & versatile video switcher
The Roland V-1SDI is a flexible and versatile video switcher that makes it easy to connect and switch professional 3G SDI cameras and playback sources along with HDMI sources including cameras, smartphones, computers, tablets, Blu-ray players.
Compact and portable, the V-1SDI video mixer delivers professional switching results with its easy to use hardware interface complete with T-Fader and easy-to-see backlit buttons.
With support for 3G-SDI, the V-1SDI can operate at full 1080p resolution and can take advantage of the longer cable distance of SDI making this compact solution suitable for events and applications in even large spaces with the most professional level of SDI camera sources.
- Webcasting / Videography: Webcasters and videographers with SDI cameras can create professional-quality content simply and effectively with the V-1SDI.
- Installation: The V-1SDI’s support of SDI for long-distance camera connections as well as RS-232 for control from system controllers make it ideal for fixed installations.
- Live Events: The V-1SDI’s compact and portable size makes it easy to support live event switching no matter the size or location of the venue.
Inputs & Outputs
The Roland 4-channel video mixer V-1SDI has two dedicated 3G SDI inputs, a third channel input that supports 3G SDI or HDMI and a fourth channel HDMI input that also includes scaling. This makes the V-1SDI ideal in a variety of configurations for both an all camera applications and applications that mix cameras, video sources and computer data sources.
Inputs 1 to 3 of the V-1SDI support 1080p/1080i/720p video resolutions with Input 4’s scaler supporting a wider range of video and VESA resolutions. Both progressive and interlace signals can be input allowing for both 1080i and 1080p signals to be used at the same time. HDCP is supported* for the input of copy-protected content from devices such as Blu-ray disc players.
The Roland V-1SDI has two 3G SDI Outputs and one HDMI output. SDI PVW and MULTI-VIEW outputs are assignable from Program, Multi-view Preview or Full Frame Preview for flexibility in different applications where output display devices support either SDI or HDMI inputs.
Quad Input Multi-Viewer
The four-way multi-view preview screen shows all four input sources on a single display for confident monitoring. A red border shows the video currently being output and a green one indicates the video to be output next. It also includes audio metering for all input sources and the main output.
The Roland V-1SDI includes DSK (Downstream Keying), Picture-in-Picture (PinP), Split and Quad composting effects ideal for creating news style broadcasts and corporate presentation content.
The DSK function is great for overlaying titles, song lyrics or logos onto incoming video sources that can be switched in the background while text or images remain displayed. The DSK supports both Luminance Keying (Black / White) and Chroma Keying (Blue / Green).
Included is a 14 channel digital audio mixer. The V-1SDI can mix 5 stereo audio inputs from the SDI or HDMI ports, the stereo line-level input and a mic level input. Every audio input is equipped with a DELAY function* to synchronize the video and the audio as well as EQ for adjustment of sound quality. Audio output is equipped with a MASTERING function to improve the sound of the final audio mix.
Audio follow function enables the audio to transition along with the video. The final audio mix is both embedded in the SDI and HDMI output along with the video signal and is also output to the stereo audio output jacks for sending the audio mix to a PA system or recording it on an external device.
* The maximum delay time is 500ms.
Remote control is possible with the V-1SDI RCS dedicated computer software for Mac and PC connected via a USB cable. The application offers a detailed view of the connected V-1SDI and can be used to switch video, mix audio or change settings.
The Roland V-1SDI RCS Ver.1.5 supports sending a Still Image to the V-1SDI.* The Still-image data is deleted, once the power is turned off. The STILL IMAGE EDITOR allows both images and text to be edited making it ideal for easy, on-demand creation of subtitles and graphics.
For integration with A/V control systems, the V-1SDI is equipped with a serial connection for control by industry-standard RS-232 serial controls.
- The Roland V-1SDI is a flexible and versatile video switcher that makes it easy to connect and switch professional 3G SDI cameras and playback sources along with HDMI sources including cameras, smartphones, computers, tablets, Blu-ray players.
- Compact and portable, the V-1SDI delivers professional switching results with its easy to use hardware interface complete with T-Fader and easy-to-see backlit buttons.
- With support for 3G-SDI, the V-1SDI can operate at full 1080p resolution and can take advantage of the longer cable distance of SDI making this compact solution suitable for events and applications in even large spaces with the most professional level of SDI camera sources.