What photographic equipment can I rent from ODP Rentals?
- Canon and Nikon camera bodies, lenses and flashes.
- Profoto studio equipment and Badger, Benro and Manfrotto support gear.
- Various Tamron lenses with Canon / Nikon mounts.
I also need…
- A manual for the camera body: You’re welcome to request a manual with your booking and we will gladly add it to your rental booking at no extra cost.
- To download my images: You can either book a card reader @R50.00 or request a data download cable for free with your rental.
- To rent a memory card: We have SD & CF cards available for rental with your camera booking, added at extra cost.
* Note that camera bodies, lenses, flashes and memory cards are all booked separately, so make sure you request every piece of equipment you need as there is no "combo deal".
Let’s start, but what’s with all the paperwork?
99% of our customers are a pleasure to do business with and take excellent care of our equipment. But, criminals do cross our path from time to time, which is why we do extensive background checks before giving the green light on renting our high-end photographic equipment.
How do I apply?
To apply, email ODP Rentals at [email protected] with a list of the equipment you need and the dates you require it. Also, include the following documents in your email:
- Proof of residence (utility bill/bank statement in the name of the hirer*). We do not accept hiring contracts.
- South African ID / valid passport
Once we’ve received and reviewed your application, we will send you the Client Information Form to complete and submit.
If you don't have a proof of residence in your name and are residing with a parent, friend or partner, we need the following:
- Proof of residence in the name of the owner (utility bill/bank statement).
- A letter confirming that you are residing at the address as stated; signed by the homeowner (must correlate with the name that appears on the proof of residence).
- South African ID / valid passport of the person whose name appears on the proof of residence.
- South African ID / valid passport of the hirer.
- Valid passport
- Proof of two-way airline/transport tickets (flight numbers and times)
- Proof of accommodation whilst in South Africa
Who do I send my new rental application documents to?
Email ODP Rentals at [email protected]. In the email, include your ID, Proof of Residence, a list of the equipment you need and the dates you require it.
How long do new rental applications take?
Send your new rental application documents as soon as possible, but no later than 3 working days prior to your desired booking collection date as new rental applications can take up to 2 working days to complete before a booking is made/confirmed.
Once the rental booking is confirmed, we will email you a booking confirmation.
How does payment work?
When do I pay for the rental equipment?
Before we hand over the equipment, the rental must be paid in full.
How do I pay?
- In-store: Either with your Credit or Debit card or cash payment.
- EFT: Be sure to make your payment well in advance of the collection as the payment needs to reflect in our bank account before you can collect the booked rental. Also, remember to send us your proof of payment.
Do I have to Pay a Deposit?
Normally, no. But in rare cases, such as when booking very expensive gear, we reserve the right to request a holding deposit. This ensures that we get our goodies back.
My rental has been approved - how do I collect it?
- South African ID / valid passport
- Contact number/s
Where do collect and drop off rental gear?
322 Garsfontein Rd (c/o of Garsfontein Rd & January Masilela Dr)
Lighting Warehouse Building Shop #3
Waterkloof Glen 0181
GPS: S25º 47′ 35.13″ E28º 16′ 55.33″
When do I collect and drop off rental gear?
Mondays to Fridays: 8:00-17:00
We are closed on Sundays, Public Holidays*, Easter weekend, and between Christmas and New Year.