Outdoorphoto takes privacy and transparency very seriously. We respect your privacy and will take all reasonable measures to protect it, as more fully detailed below.
When do we collect data from our customers?
What data do we collect from our customers?
Should a user decide to register as a user on the website, the user gives explicit consent to process personally identifiable information that includes but is not limited to the user’s:
- name and surname
- date of birth
- email address
- contact number
- physical/delivery address
- business VAT number
- general interests
- location data
- identification number (ODP rental clients)
You may choose to provide additional personal information to us, in which event you agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
What do we do with your data and why?
The information you provide is used to fulfil your specific request and for statistical purposes only, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner, for example, to add you to one of our mailing lists.
Note that the processing of customers’ personal data is required to fulfil contractual purposes such as shipping a product and sending order status update mailers, and for legal and accounting reasons such as tax auditing. We gather this data when a customer registers as a user on our website, subscribes to a mailer, or purchases a product both in-store and online.
How long do we keep your data for?
Retaining personal data depends on the purpose for which it was obtained and its nature. We shall store data for as long as the user can be considered a customer. Upon request, we will delete user information, noting the consequences of such action, for example, not receiving order status and shipping updates.
Who do we share your data with?
We will ensure that all of our employees, third party service providers, divisions and partners (including their employees and third party service providers) having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality and non-use obligations (save as permitted herein) in relation to your personal information.
We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, an order of a court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property.
Our website plugins include:
- OpenCart for order and accounting purposes.
- Sage Pastel for order and accounting purposes.
- The VCS payment gateway processes secure payments and complies with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Outdoorphoto does not log or store the card’s CVC number, rendering it impossible to obtain full card details from the VCS system that could be used for fraudulent activities. We do not store your full card information anywhere on our system.
- Novtel for rental order purposes.
- Shipping extensions (couriers) to calculate shipping rates, print shipping labels and ship products.
- MailChimp for order status and shipping updates, including direct marketing to newsletter subscribers.
- WordPress for engaging with and posting online content on our blog and community site.
- Marketing and analytics extensions to analyse user behaviour and improve content on our website accordingly. We use the following cookie and tracking plugins:
- Google Analytics: Anonymously tracks user sessions, page views and site usage statistics to optimise user experience.
- Google Remarketing: Anonymously tracks user-website interaction to optimise marketing via Google AdWords and Display Marketing networks, and advert placement that is better suited to user interests and preferences.
- Google Conversion Tracking: Anonymously tracks the conversion of Google AdWords and Display Marketing into successful sales to optimise marketing efforts and advert placement that is better suited to user interests and preferences.
- Facebook Pixel: Tracks user interaction with our website to optimise Facebook advert placement that is better suited to user interests and preferences.
- MailChimp Mailer Interaction: Tracks user interaction with marketing emails sent to optimise direct marketing efforts and provide users with a better direct marketing experience.
- Persistent Login Cookie: Remembers user login and keeps the user logged in for 1 month.
- PHP Session Cookie: Used for site security and user session data, for example, products added to shopping cart.
Subject to the above, we will not, without your express consent:
- use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
- in relation to the ordering, sale and delivery of goods;
- to contact you regarding current or new goods or services or any other goods offered by us or any of our divisions and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
- to inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions offered by us or any of our divisions and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us); and
- to improve your experience on our website by, inter alia, monitoring statistical non-personal browsing habits, and to transact with us; or
- disclose your personal information to any third party other than as set out below:
- to our employees and/or third party service providers who assist us to interact with you via our website, email or any other method, for the ordering of goods or when delivering goods to you, and thus need to know your personal information in order to assist us to communicate with you properly and efficiently;
- to our divisions and/or partners (including their employees and/or third party service providers) in order for them to interact directly with you via email or any other method for purposes of sending you marketing material regarding any current or new goods or services, new features, special offers or promotional items offered by them (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us), and
- to our suppliers in order for them to liaise directly with you in the event of you submitting a warranty claim regarding any goods you have purchased which requires their involvement.
How do we collect your information?
The website may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the site, and understanding how visitors use the site. Cookies can also help customise the site for visitors giving a better browsing experience. We may use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our servers and track movement within our website.
Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Cookies are used to collect general online usage by using a cookie file. If used this cookie file is downloaded without prompting. It will be placed on your hard drive with information transferred to the hard drive allowing the cookies to be used for data collection. A cookie is used to improve any services/ products, or overall website characteristic we offer you.
If you decide to decline acceptance of cookies, you may not have access to or receive limited access to, some features on the website.
What are my data security rights?
As a customer, you have the right to request that we delete your data from our system. If you wish for us to do so, kindly email or phone as per the below details.
You may contact us to:
- get a copy of your collected data
- to update your data
- to unsubscribe from mailing lists
- to delete your data
Outdoorphoto commits to:
- treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
- take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- provide you with access to your personal information to view and/or update personal details;
- promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request;
- upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control; and
- not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
How can I access, update or delete the collected data?
Should your personal information change, please inform us and provide us with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update your personal information.
- email: [email protected]
- phone: +27(0)12 348 3693
Updates to our policy
Outdoorphoto reserves the right to make changes to this policy, and any changes to this policy will be posted accordingly. All changes will apply to activities and information on a going forward, not retroactive basis.