Bring your creativity to life with the new D5600
Whenever you come across interesting scenes, the D5600 promises to preserve such moments of inspiration in high-quality images. That’s thanks to a combination of unrivalled Nikon technologies working together. The camera’s DX-format CMOS image sensor is designed without an optical low-pass filter (OLPF), to bring out the full resolving power of its 24.2 effective megapixels. Combined with the powerful EXPEED 4 image-processing engine and the more faithful rendering of NIKKOR lenses, it achieves exquisite detail reproduction. Finally, there’s Nikon’s image creation system, Picture Control, which helps you to achieve the desired images.
Compact & Versatile DX-format Zoom Lens
With a 7.8x zoom that's well-suited to a wide variety of subjects and a build that is compact and lightweight, this lens makes a great all-rounder. The Vibration Reduction system minimises the effects of camera shake for blur-free images and helps to ensure a steady viewfinder image. Nikon's Silent Wave Motor enables fast, quiet AF.
- Wide to telephoto zoom range: An ideal walkabout lens, perfect for capturing everything from sweeping landscapes to detailed shots of distant subjects.
- High optical performance: One ED (extra-low dispersion) glass element and one aspherical lens element ensure high resolution and contrast while minimising most forms of aberration and colour dispersion.
- Vibration Reduction (VR) system: Minimises the effects of camera shake and lets you shoot at shutter speeds that are up to four stops slower. VR operation is quiet, even when filming.
- Silent Wave Motor: SWM for fast, whisper-quiet autofocus. Compact and lightweight build with a weather-sealed mount. Outstanding value for money.
Specs in Action
- 24.2 megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor
- EXPEED 4 image processor
- 3.2" 1.037m-dot Vari-Angle touchscreen
- Full HD 1080p video recording at 60 fps
- Multi-CAM 4800DX 39-point AF sensor
- ISO 100-25600 & 5 fps shooting
- SnapBridge Bluetooth & Wi-Fi with NFC
- Time-lapse movie recording
Move in Low Light with ISO 100-25600 & Superb Noise Reduction
When light is beautiful but scarce, such as in night scenes or dimly lit interiors, the D5600’s wide standard ISO range of 100 to 25600 allows you to keep shooting crisp, clean images. Using a high ISO setting also enables you to shoot at faster shutter speeds, letting you take blur-free pictures with less noise without using a flash.
Shoot in Difficult Light for Active D-Lighting / HDR
When shooting scenes with drastic contrasts in lighting, such as a subject backlit against the sky, the D5600 gives you two options:
- Active D-Lighting adjusts the contrast to render the scene in true-to-life brightness, and can be used for moving subjects.
- HDR produces a single, striking image by taking two shots at different exposures with a single shutter release and combining the highlights and shadows of the two. This function works best with stationary subjects.
The D5600’s highly refined touch interface makes a range of operations incredibly intuitive to use. Its newly added frame advance bar (as on the D500 and D5) allows you to scroll through sequences of images at high speed, and it is possible to specify the area of an image to be trimmed by pinching out. The touch Fn feature lets you make adjustments to a pre-assigned camera setting using your thumb, without looking away from the viewfinder, and now includes auto sensitivity control on/off switching. With these features and more, handling the camera comes naturally, just like using a smart device.
Operations available via the D5600’s touch screen:
- Shooting: Touch shutter, touch AF
- Setting: Touch Fn, scene / effect selection, shutter speed and aperture setting, shooting option change, menu operation
- Playback: View other images, scroll rapidly to other images (frame advance bar), zoom in (photos only), view thumbnails, view movies
You don’t have to worry about your battery running out while taking pictures with the D5600. Its efficient, energy-saving design allows you to shoot approx. 970 shots per charge with the EN-EL14a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery. Even when the camera is constantly connected to your smart device via SnapBridge for automatic image transfer, you can keep going for hours.
Note: Battery power is used for wireless communication even when the camera is turned off. If you do not want to use automatic image transfer, please change the “Send while off” setting to “Off”. Based on CIPA Standards. When Bluetooth or Wi-Fi is not used.
Tailor-Made Modes for Each Scene
If you aren’t sure what camera settings to use, you can let the D5600 decide for you. Its 16 scene modes give you optimised settings for a broad range of situations — whether you’re at an indoor party or taking shots of pets. In live view, simply activate the scene auto selector, and the camera will pick the most appropriate mode.
- Scene modes: Portrait ∙ Landscape ∙ Child ∙ Sports ∙ Close up ∙ Night portrait ∙ Night landscape ∙ Party / indoor ∙ Beach / snow ∙ Sunset ∙ Dusk / dawn ∙ Pet portrait ∙ Candlelight ∙ Blossom ∙ Autumn colours ∙ Food
- Scene auto selector: Auto* ∙ Auto (flash off)* ∙ Portrait ∙ Landscape ∙ Close up ∙ Night portrait
Follow the Action
Sometimes the best moments last for just the blink of an eye. Fortunately, the D5600 can keep up with the action. Thanks to its high-speed continuous shooting rate of 5 fps with high AF performance, you’ve got a much better chance of capturing the decisive moment — with vivid detail delivered by the high pixel count.
When you’re capturing fast-moving action, you want a clear view of what’s happening. That’s when a DSLR’s optical viewfinder comes in handy. Whether you’re shooting a sports match or a rock gig, you can follow your subjects in real time, letting you concentrate on shooting. Unlike taking pictures with a smart device, viewfinder shooting encourages you to maintain a secure grip of the camera, keeping it level and minimising camera shake.
Some subjects move too quickly and erratically. The D5600’s autofocus system helps you acquire and keep track of your target with remarkable precision, using 39 focus points that cover a wide area of the frame. Choose from multiple AF-area modes depending on what you’re shooting: single-point AF, dynamic-area AF, 3D-tracking and auto-area AF.
Best Prosumer DSLR Video Camera with High-Quality Video & Audio
Full HD D-Movie at 1080/60P
Record all the action in high-quality Full HD and at a frame rate of 60p, which renders fast action incredibly smooth. The D5600’s vari-angle monitor and in-camera time-lapse movie function help fuel your creativity further, while the NIKKOR lens lineup will make you the envy even of professional filmmakers.
Advanced Audio with Built-In Microphone
If you’re looking to create more professional-style movies, the importance of sound quality can’t be overstated. The D5600 has a quality built-in stereo microphone, and you can also attach an optional Nikon ME-1 Stereo Microphone, which picks up less noise caused by the lens operating the autofocus. Both microphones can be fine-tuned automatically, or manually in 20 incremental steps using the camera monitor.
Connect & Share
Share in Real-Time
Imagine how easy it would be to post your pictures online if they were saved to your smart device as soon as you took them. The SnapBridge application creates a constant connection between the D5600 and a compatible smart device via Bluetooth, meaning pictures are automatically transferred as you shoot. The image transfer process continues unaffected even when the camera is stored in a bag nearby. It’s also possible to transfer images and movies via Wi-Fi® by selecting the files in the app.
Connect Instantly to TVs & Monitors
The D5600’s movies and stills may look good on the camera monitor — but just wait until you’ve seen them on a large HDTV screen. It’s easy to hook up the camera to external screens using its HDMI mini-pin connector (Type C). And since the D5600 is compatible with HDMI-CEC, you can operate it using a TV remote control from the comfort of your couch.