The GoPro HERO Session Action Camera packs the power of GoPro into their smallest, lightest (weighing only 74 g), most convenient camera yet, featuring a rugged and waterproof design, easy one-button control, 1080p60 video and 8 megapixel photos.
about this product. Call us on +27 12 348 3693 or
chat with one of our online consultants
Compact & Lightweight
GoPro HERO Session is up to 40% lighter and an incredible 50% smaller than the other HERO action cameras on the market. From chilling with your friends, to surfing it up at the coast, kayaking the sickest rivers or trying out new insane mountain biking trails; the Session's sleek and compact design makes it GoPro’s most mountable and versatile camera to date.
- Supports 1080p60 / 1440p30 (4:3) video
- Capture 8 megapixelPIXELThe shortening of 'picture element', a basic unit of programmable colour forming the dots that make up an image. Pixel size depends on a camera’s resolution, which is measured in megapixels (MP), meaning millions of pixels. The more pixels on a sensor, the smaller they have to be to fit. An image's number (or density) of pixels correlate to the amount of information and image holds. Cameras with more pixels on the sensor have a higher pixel density and thus more resolving power, able to capture smaller details with much more clarity and accuracy. Higher resolution images can be cropped more agressively and also produce better quality large prints. still photos
- Ultra wide angle glass lens & SuperView
- Waterproof to 10 m depth
- Control with GoPro App or SmartRemote
- Time-Lapse & Photo Burst modes
- Auto Low Light & Protune modes for video
- One-button operation
- Standard frame for mounting
- Flat & curved adhesive mounts included
Durable & Waterproof
This rugged and durable action camera is waterproof for up to 10m without the need of an additional housing. Need a camera that enables you to start recording in no time? No problem, its ready-to-go design makes this possible and you can literally just grab it and go.
Powerful Photo Capture
With a whole variety of photo modes you are bound to nail the shot every time! Modes including 8 MegapixelPIXELThe shortening of 'picture element', a basic unit of programmable colour forming the dots that make up an image. Pixel size depends on a camera’s resolution, which is measured in megapixels (MP), meaning millions of pixels. The more pixels on a sensor, the smaller they have to be to fit. An image's number (or density) of pixels correlate to the amount of information and image holds. Cameras with more pixels on the sensor have a higher pixel density and thus more resolving power, able to capture smaller details with much more clarity and accuracy. Higher resolution images can be cropped more agressively and also produce better quality large prints. single shots, a time Lapse mode that offers different interval options and a Burst mode capable of shooting up to 10 fps.
Professional Video Quality
You can finally capture detailed high-resolution 1440p30 and 1080p60 video that is vivid and sharp, while providing exceptionally smooth slow-motion playbacks of those memorable moments when shooting at 720p100.
- The GoPro HERO Session also has a new video feature/mode called SuperView. This mode allows you to take your adventure footage to the next level. Engage viewers with the extreme wide-angle view of your shots, capturing more of yourself and your surroundings.
- Another new feature is Protune. It unlocks the GoPro HERO Session's full potential and delivers cinema-quality video that is minimally compressed for professional quality productions.
- Auto Low Light mode allows you to move freely from darker conditions to brightly lit conditions and this mode smartly changes the frame rates based on the specific lighting conditions of your location.
- The GoPro HERO Session also features a Dual Mic System, which means there are two microphones; one on the front and one on the back. This is ideal for when you’re filming in noisy or windy conditions as the camera automatically switches to the mic that best suits your needs to capture the highest audio quality possible.
Revolutionary Battery Efficiency
Battery life is extended by the revolutionary battery efficiency from GoPro that only uses power when the camera is recording and automatically turns off when not recording. When fully charged, this camera will record continuously for up to 2 hours or, you can capture a full day of photos and short video clips. The built-in battery is easily and conveniently charged using the USB cable (included) with your computer, the GoPro Car Charger (sold separately) or the Wall Charger (sold separately).
Easy one-button control
The GoPro HERO Session has one, do-it-all button. A single press of the shutter button turns the power on and begins capturing video or Time Lapse photos automatically. A second press of the button will then stop recording and turn the cameras power off. Alternate between video and time lapse by using the GoPro Smart Remote or by downloading and simply using the GoPro Smart App.
Ultimate mounting technology
The GoPro HERO Session reigns supreme when it comes to mounting flexibility. It's specially designed mounts and accessories will give you more mounting possibilities than before.
- Ball Joint Buckle: Will give you the freedom to change things up without having to go through the hassle of un-mounting your GoPro.
- Low-Profile Frame: Gives you the lowest profile of any GoPro currently on the market.
- Standard Frame: Creates a wide array of ultra compact gear setups.
Not only do the GoPro HERO Session's mounts and accessories work seamlessly with other GoPro gear, it’s also compatible with all GoPro mounts. This makes the opportunities of capturing crazy imagery and videos practically endless. You can even go as far as mounting it upside down because Auto Image Rotation will automatically adjust to capture your footage right-side up. No need to flip your footage in post-production.
Another impressive feature the Session has to offer is Highlight Tag. While recording you can mark key moments, this means that you don’t have to go through endless amounts of footage to find that one clip/photo you want to use. It’s as easy as the press of a button on the GoPro Smart Remote or the GoPro App when you want to tag that specific clip you want, then you can conveniently play back, edit or share.
With the GoPro Studio Software that you will receive for free when buying your GoPro HERO Session, you will be able to expand your whole GoPro experience. Import, view, play, mix things up and create your very own captivating videos to share with the world.
Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
With Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities you can easily control your GoPro using your phone or tablet in conjunction with the GoPro App. Viewing content you’ve capture or even sharing your favorite clips and shots straight to Instagram or Facebook is a breeze. And for those times you want to see some sick action from across the globe you’ll have instant access to the GoPro channel. GoPro’s Smart Remote allows you to control multiple GoPro cameras from distances of up to a staggering 182 m.
|Video Modes||1440p 30, 25 fps / Ultra Wide / 1920 x 1440
1080p 60, 50, 30, 25 fps / Ultra Wide, Medium / 1920 x 1080
1080p SuperView 48, 30, 25 fps / Ultra Wide / 1920 x 1080
960p 60, 50, 30, 25 fps / Ultra Wide / 1280 x 960
720p 100, 60, 50, 30, 25 fps / Ultra Wide, Medium / 1280 x 720
720p SuperView 60, 50, 30, 25 fps / Ultra Wide / 1280 x 720
WVGA 120, 100 fps / Ultra Wide / 848 x 480
|Video Format||H.264 codec, .mp4 file format|
|Photo Resolution||8MP (Default) / Wide / 3264 x 2448
5MP / Medium / 2720 x 2040
|Burst Photo||3 photos/1 second
5 photos/1 second
10 photos/1 second (Default)
10 photos/2 seconds
|Continuous Photo||Up to 10 photos in 1 sec|
|Time Lapse||Automatically captures a series of photos at timed intervals. Ideal for capturing photos when the camera is out of reach.
0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30 and 60 seconds
|Battery and Charging||Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
Rated at 1030 mAH, 3.8 V, 3.23 Wh
Integrated with camera
|Battery Life||With Wi-Fi On + Using GoPro App: 1440p30 fps Approx. 1:35 / 1080p60 fps Approx. 1:30 / 1080p48 fps Approx. 1:30 / 1080p30 fps Approx. 1:45 / 720p100 fps Approx. 1:35|
|Audio||Format: 32kHz sampling rate, AAC compression
AGC (automatic gain control)
Internal mic: Mono x 2
External mic: Not supported
|Storage||microSD memory card with at least a Class 10 or UHS-I rating required.
Up to 64GB capacity supported
Record times vary with resolutions and frame rates
What's in the box?
- GoPro HERO Session
- Standard Frame
- Curved Adhesive Mount
- Flat Adhesive Mount
- Mounting Buckle and Hardware
- Micro-USB Cable