Online photo and video store, Outdoorphoto, is calling all full-time art, graphic design and photography students to step into 2020 with 10% discount on selected camera gear and accessories, and 30% on rentals plus no admin charge when you book gear in for repair.
*Student discount excludes selected Nikon products, software and used gear; select Sony gear (of which the discount is in the form of a cash back and not at the point of sale); and the small Wacom Intuos Creative Pen Tablet (Black, CTL-4100K). See T&Cs below.
How to get started
Register for student discount by visiting us in-store or sending an email to [email protected] with the following documents:
- Copy of your South African ID, and
- Valid 2020 Student Card / Proof of Registration (full-time art, graphic design or photography students)
In-store: If you’ve visited us in-store, you’ll receive an Outdoorphoto Student sticker. Stick it on your student card so our sales team can easily identify you for discounts.
Online: If you registered via email, you’ll receive an online coupon code to apply during checkout. Create an account (if you haven’t done so already) and the shopping can begin!
Apply for gear rentals
Gear rentals are perfect for testing out gear that you consider buying, or simply having a backup. To register, please also email [email protected] with a:
- Copy of South African ID, and
- Valid 2020 Student Card / Proof of Registration (full-time art, graphic design or photography students), and
- Proof of Residence (utility bill/bank statement in the name of the hirer)
* If you’re renting, send a signed Affidavit of Residence, including the utility bill of the homeowner.
New rental applications can take up to two working days to complete before a booking is confirmed. Once completed, we’ll email you a booking confirmation.
From 1 April to 1 September 2020, Nikon is offering a 20% discount on Nikon Z7, Z6 or Z50 cameras and camera lens kits (not valid on the purchase of a Nikkor Z lens alone). Before making the purchase, send the required documents to Outdoorphoto at [email protected]
Design our 2021 Student Discount campaign artwork
Outdoorphoto is also offering students the opportunity to create next year’s student discount campaign in return for exposure on all their social media platforms – that is 37K followers on Facebook and almost 6000 on Instagram. Áll artwork will visibly credit the student’s name.
Only one design per student is permitted and should adhere to the following dimensions: 1680 x 300 px
If your artwork is selected, you may be required to prepare additional banners at various sizes.
The text must include the following, but the rest is up to you:
- Student Discount
- Designed by Name and Surname
- T&Cs Apply
Submit your artwork by 4 December 2020 to [email protected] using the following reference format: Student Discount 2021 Artwork – YOUR NAME & SURNAME
For more information on the 2021 student discount artwork campaign, please contact [email protected]
Terms & Conditions
- The student discount promotion is an ongoing promotion valid until 23 December 2020, unless stated otherwise in the T&Cs. Student discount on all Sony gear is only valid until 30 September 2020.
- The promotion is only available while stock lasts.
- Only full-time students studying photography, graphic design or art through an accredited institution in South Africa during 2020 (“Eligible Students”) qualify for the discount.
- Eligible students will each receive a 10% discount per purchase, excluding selected Nikon products, software and used gear; select Sony gear (of which the discount is in the form of a cash back and not at the point of sale); and the small Wacom Intuos Creative Pen Tablet (Black, CTL-4100K). To avoid disappointment, consult with Outdoorphoto before making a purchase using this promotion to ensure that the gear qualifies for discount.
- Select Sony gear is at 10% discount; however, it takes the form of a cash back which the student must redeem directly from Sony after the purchase, which is at full price.
- For Canon purchases, the maximum purchase amount is R50,000 including VAT per invoice.
- Eligible students must submit a valid copy of his/her valid 2020 student card or proof of registration, and a copy of a valid South African ID.
- It is the student’s responsibility to submit complete and correct information in order to qualify for the discount.
- Neither the discount nor part thereof can be transferred, refunded or redeemed for cash.
- We reserve the right to confirm the student’s details before finalising the purchase.
- Any purchases made by a student on behalf of someone who does not qualify for the student discount will be declined.
- Discount cannot be applied over and above supplier discounts, current specials or similar promotions.
- We reserve the right to amend the T&Cs or change details regarding the promotion at any time.