• If you are using battery powered lights on location, moving them closer will also save precious battery life, and have them recycle faster.
• Light fall-off happens much quicker when your light is positioned closer to your subject, which will help with light spill.
• If you have access to a make-up artist, I highly recommend using one, as this type of lighting tend to pick up imperfections in skin, especially if you are using unmodified or hard light.
• It might be worth waiting for cloudy conditions if you want to overpower the sun. It makes it much easier, and you won’t need HSS or ND Filters.
• Try and stick to a lighting ratio (key to fill) > 6:1 (difference between brightest lit and least lit areas)