– Press Release, 24 November 2017 – We’re happy to announce that Sony is officially back in South Africa and that Outdoorphoto has partnered with a reputable local supplier that offers after-sale support like never before. Selected stock is set to arrive as soon as mid-December 2017, and is available for preoder.
Our Sony product range includes:
- Expert compact cameras with superzoom
- Mirrorless camera bodies and lenses
- Camera batteries, chargers and grips
- On-camera flashes and remotes
- Video cameras
- Sony RX0 Action Camera
The Sony Mirrorless Digital Camera Range
We know that you’ve been yearning to add a mirrorless camera to your kit, so with Sony mirrorless cameras here to stay, there’s never been a better time to complete your kit! We’re not asking you to turn your back on your DSLR favourites – we’re simply tempting you to add more versatility to it your kit.
The Sony Alpha a6500 is a versatile, fast-focusing and 4K-shooting camera revolving around a 24.2MP Exmor CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processor that provides clean image quality with a wide expandable sensitivity range to ISO 51200, along with accelerated readout speeds for internal 4K30p and Full HD 1080p / 120 fps video recording with full pixel readout.
The Sony Alpha a9 a high-performance full-frame mirrorless digital camera featuring a 24.2MP stacked sensor delivering a swift continuous burst shooting rate of up to 20 fps. But, the Sony A9 is more than just a fast shooter as it packs the power to record UHD 4K video internally, shoot at ISO 204800, and focus from a wide 693-point phase-detection AF system.
The Sony Alpha a7R II takes mirrorless imaging to another level with a 24MP full0frame sensor that is designed both to improve low-light operation and speed up data throughout, enabling fast high-resolution stills and UHD 4K video recording. Working with the BIONZ X image processor, these images can be produced at sensitivities up to ISO 102 400 and at a continuous 5 fps shooting rate.
The new Sony Alpha a7R III proves that speed, resolution and video capabilities can all coexist in a versatile, high-performance camera body. Revolving around a full-frame 42.2MP Exmor R BSO CMOS sensor and an updated BIONZ X image processor, it affords an impressive 10 fps continuous shooting rate along with improved AF performance for faster, more reliable subject tracking.
Point & Shoot Digital Camera
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 III is a versatile digital camera optimised for multimedia image-makers working in a broad variety of situations. Featuring a large 20.1MP 1″ Exmor RS CMOS sensor, which utilises both back-illuminated and stacked technologies, a high degree of image quality can be attained, with notable clarity, reduced noise and sensitivity to ISO 12800.
- 20.1MP 1″ Exmor RS BSI CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* f/2.4-4 Zoom Lens
- 24-600mm (35mm Equivalent)
- 2.36m-Dot OLED Tru-Finder EVF
- 3.0″ 1.228m-Dot Tilting Xtra Fine LCD
- UHD 4K30p Video, Full HD 1080p at 960 fps
- Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC
- ISO 12800 and 14 fps Continuous Shooting
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilisation