We’re talking home décor. There are so many avenues and looks to explore that make it easy to express your personality whether you like bold clashing colours and patterns, or the calming effect of muted tones. Perhaps you want every area to reflect a different mood? Your house is your space to be creative; even experimental.
Decorate your space with beautifully personalised prints and frames. It’s an easy, cost-effective way to add personality to your home.
That classic look
Never go out of style with quality frames and clean lines.
A modern wall
Make a bold statement with a large print mounted on a blank wall. For greater effect, our innovative DiaMount® method creates an appearance of floating artwork on the wall.
For a more eclectic look, create a dynamic wall using photos, illustrations, drawings, keepsakes and mirrors. Use different frame styles and sizes, or tie everything together with a similar frame and complementary colours. Framed/printed wall art make a great conversation piece!
Get your custom prints and frames from Art of Print!
Hanging your framed art:
- Decide where you want to hang your framed prints.
- Size each frame by cutting out the exact shape and size of brown paper or use strips of masking tape to measure your pieces.
- Stick the brown paper or masking tape on your wall ensuring that it stays level.
- Measure the space between the top of your frame and the hook at the back. Mark the spot with a pencil.
- Drill through the marked spot to make a small hole in the wall.
- Using the drill, insert a screw into the wall.
- Take the brown paper or masking tape off the wall and hang your frame.
- Repeat the process for each frame.
You don’t have to be a photographer to create something meaningful.
Here are a few art ideas to frame and hang on your wall:
- Drawings, doodles and paintings.
- A stock image from platforms like Shutterstock and Getty Images.
- The menu of your favourite restaurant.
- Embroidery in the hoop.
- Those blurry photos you took on holiday can be considered art in some circles.
- Pretty wallpaper. It’s making a big comeback, but can be pricey. Framing a smaller piece can be fun and affordable.
- A sentimental piece like a silk scarf or train ticket.
- A woven basket or hat can also be a lovely addition to your wall.
Home décor trends that can we expect more of in 2020
According to Wikipedia, “Biophilic design is a concept used within the building industry to increase occupant connectivity to the natural environment through the use of direct nature, indirect nature, and space and place conditions.” It provides health, environmental and economic benefits and so finds its way into our homes.
Natural & organic materials
You’ll be seeing more natural elements making its way into the home. From pine and oak to bamboo, wicker, rattan and jute… The point? Preserving and appreciating the beautifully rich elements of earth and sustainable, handmade pieces.
Fresh food prints
As per Wall Art Prints 2020 Predictions: The Future of Interior Design, “exercise, nutrition and healthy living will play a larger role in people’s lives and will impact decor in several ways”. I guess if high waist flare jeans could make such a stylish comeback, food can make its way up on our walls too.