Turn your flash into a pattern projecting wonder with MagMasks, MagMod’s user-friendly speedlight flash modifiers. MagMasks are thin sheets of stainless steel used to create patterns to project through the MagBeam anywhere you want.
The MagBeam’s collapsible design isn’t just for portability. Collapse it down all the way, swap in a Wide Lens, add a MagMask, and now you’ve transformed it into a pattern-projecting-thing-of-wonder. Its specific focal length is designed to project the MagMask’s pattern out to create super awesome stuff.
MagBeam Tele Lens focuses the output from your flash, improving distance and power. In fact, it can provide an additional 2-3 stops of usable light, enabling lower power settings and faster recycle times.
How to use the MagMask
Designed for use with the Magbeam, MagMasks can be combined with the rigid gels to project amazing patterns and colours onto your background or subject.
- Make sure your MagBeam is fully collapsed.
- Install the Wide Lens (the one with the notch) with the grooves facing towards your flash.
- Put in a MagMask of your choosing.
- Add a coloured MagMod gel if you want to get crazy!
- Get to pattern-projecting, you magnificent thing-of-wonder!