Buzzing from the get-go, the Fujifilm stand at the 2019 Photo & Video Experience drew everyone’s attention – from its Instax side where an old-fashioned decorated phone booth made for fun images, to a beautifully styled live shooting area where all sorts of exciting cameras were on display for people to try out.
These carefully curated styled shoots meant that the stand was constantly busy with changing styles that kept its energy high, attracting Fujifilm X-Photographers like Emmy Ojo Aromokundu, Mardee Maree, John Armstrong, Leon Oosthuizen and Peter Delaney to strut their stuff while helping people to understand what Fujifilm gear would be able to add to their photography.
Fujifilm ambassador, Yolandi Jacobsz, styled these shoots throughout the weekend. Being a pro-photographer and Fujifilm X-range shooter, she understands the way lines, colour and good shape work together for appealing images and, through her recently found second business called The Nicolassi Brand, Yolandi made for beautifully styled looks by adding headdresses, dainty wearable floral tattoos and designer dresses from Marlize Meeding and designer female suits from Suited For Her, all of which added to the buffet of choices.
Fujifilm was fortunate to win the most interactive stand award and rightly so as it provided lots of things to see, to touch, to feel and experience as attendees were able to test the gear out with real sets and beautifully styled models that were carefully curated for the show.
- Shoot by: Yolandi Jacobsz of Loci Photography, Emmy Photography
- Styling: Yolandi Jacobsz of The Nicolassi Brand
- Lighting equipment: Godox, Jinbei 100W LED Head
- Camera equipment: Fujifilm
- Lighting setup: Mardee Maree Photography
- Models: Palesa Williams, Koketso Manamela & Xoliswa Ndwandwe
- Makeup: Nikkita Naidu (Friday, 26 July), Viviana Bukasa (Saturday-Sunday, 27-28 July)
- Dresses: Marlize Meeding
- Female suits: Suited For Her
- Event: Photo & Video Experience 2019
- Venue: Kyalami Race Track