Don’t be fooled by its small size.
The Rotolight NEO 2 LED Light Kit is a portable, lightweight and creative lighting solution that combines the benefits of both continuous lighting and flash. Create and control light when shooting video to ensure seamless constant light throughout or freeze the action without missing a shot thanks to the NEO 2 LED lights having no recycle time! What more, you can mount this LED light right onto your camera or use it off camera - a must-have piece of photographic equipment for portrait photographers and a videographers alike.
This kit really has everything you need:
- Three NEO 2 LED Lights to light up your subject.
- Three compact lighting stands for those times you don’t want on camera lighting.
- Three ball-heads for easy manoeuvrability and to attach your NEO 2 LED’s to the lighting stands.
- A colour filter pack consisting of 10 colour gels to spark your creativity.
- A nifty hard case to carry all of your on-location lighting equipment in.
NEO 2 LED Light
Able to function as either a continuous light or a flash, the round NEO 2 LED Light from Rotolight breaks new ground with functions designed to satisfy the demands of both video shooters and still photographers. The most significant feature in this fixture is the inclusion of a built-in, 2.4 GHz Elinchrom Skyport Receiver, enabling support for high-speed sync and remote triggering of the unit from up to 656' away when using an optional Skyport Transmitter. Also, it features Accu-Colour Technology to ensure optimal colour rendering, proven by the rated CRI of 96 and TLCI of 91. Output has been significantly improved as well, with an increase of 85% over its predecessor, and a flash mode that can boost output by 500% for stills and will help freeze action. At max power, this results in an output of 2000 lux at 3' for continuous lighting and a setting of f/8 at ISO 200 for flash.
Beyond pure output improvements, the fixture offers a variety of functions to help users get the most out of the light. Primarily it does this through a variable colour temperature of 3150–6300K, meaning it can be quickly and easily balanced to the ambient light whether it is tungsten or natural daylight. Other features include True Aperture Dimming to help more easily calculate your exposure information, and a CineSFX mode to automatically program certain looks for use in a scene, including the mimicking of police or fire light effects.
Designed to be portable with its compact size, the fixture has multiple power options. This includes running on six AA batteries, a D-Tap connection for DC power, or the bundled AC adapter. This means it can easily get set up exactly as needed for a particular set. Users can mount it in a variety of methods thanks to the three 1/4"-20 threaded mounts around the edge of the fixture. These work with many standard support systems, including a shoe mount adapter for working as an on-camera light. Additionally, it comes with a filter pack, filter holder, and a belt pouch to hold everything.
- Both continuous and flash modes are available so users can quickly switch between video and stills shooting without needing to change out the lights.
- The built-in 2.4 GHz Elinchrom Skyport Receiver makes it possible to use the NEO 2 as a remote flash with high-speed sync support up to 1/8000 second. This requires the use of an optional Elinchrom Skyport Transmitter, and allows for remote control over the NEO 2 from up to 656' away. Users can also sync using a wired PC sync or 3.5mm connection.
- Accu-Colour Technology ensures high-quality colour rendering with a rated CRI of 96, with an R15 of 99 and a rated TLCI of 91. It also helps ensure maximum accuracy throughout the adjustable colour temperature range of 3150–6300K. The LEDs used are also flicker-free and have a lifespan of about 100,000 hours.
- Overall output is rated at about 85% greater than its predecessor.
- The flash mode provides about 500% more light output when connected to a mains power source, or 250% when running on AA batteries.
- Local dimming and controls are made possible through a rear display and two dials/buttons on the rear of the fixture.
- True Aperture Dimming uses shutter speed and ISO information, as well as distance data, to calculate the proper aperture for your shot. It improves speed and use and helps shooters quickly get the appropriate power settings for their subject.
- Designer Fade mode allows users to program fade-up and fade-down effects, including the ability to set the duration.
- Cinematographic Special FX, or CineSFX, features a variety of different settings and mode to create ambience in your scene. This includes options for strobe, lightning, throb, colour cycle, fire, police, television, and more.
- No recycle time or power loss is evident when using the NEO 2, making it a suitable option for high frame rates.
- For power, users have the options of six AA NiMH or Li-ion batteries, DC power over the D-Tap connection, or AC power from the included adapter. When running on batteries, the NEO 2 can run for 85,000 full-power flashes, or 1.5 hours of continuous lighting.
- The NEO 2 can be mounted easily using the three 1/4"-20 tripod threads located around the edge of the light. A shoe mount adapter is included as well for using the NEO 2 as an on-camera light.
- A filter kit is included which features a 216 Full Diffuser, 250 Medium Diffuser, 184 Cosmetic Peach, and a 279 1/8 Magenta for creating unique or more flattering light for your subject.
Continuous Light (4110K)
At 3': 2000 lux / 194 fc
At 6': 510 lux / 49 fc
At 9': 227 lux / 21 fc
HSS Flash Mode (4110K)
At 3': f/8 at ISO 200
At 6': f/4 at ISO 200
At 9': f/2.8 at ISO 200
Add-On Color FX Filter Pack for NEO
The 10-piece Add-On Color FX Filter Pack for NEO from Rotolight is designed to enhance your lighting by adding creative colour to your Rotolight NEO LED light. The filters are particularly well suited when using the fixture as an accent or fill light and can be used in conjunction the NEO's CineSFX mode to create customizable visual lighting effects.
- Hollywood Frost
- Medium Blue Green
- Bright Pink
- Moroccan Frost
- Bastard Amber
- Mist Blue
- Bedford Blue
- Light Red
360-Degree Pro Ball Swivel To 1/4-20 Adapter
The Rotolight 360° Pro Ball Swivel To 1/4-20 Adapter adds a swivel mount to your tripod lighting stand, or camera. The adapter can support up to 4.4 lb (2.0 kg) and works with a standard 1/4-20 tripod connection.
Compact Light Stand for Rotolight NEO and RL48 Fixtures
Photographers and video crews shooting with NEO, RL48 and other fixtures weighing up to three-pounds, will appreciate this Compact Light Stand from Rotolight. A five-section stand, it extends a full 84". Folded size is only 19.3" for easier storage and transportation. A versatile stand, it includes a reversible stud for 1/4 - 3/8" fixtures.
Hard Waterproof Wheeled Kit Case for NEO LED Lights
The Rotolight Hard Waterproof Wheeled Kit Case for NEO LED Light is an airline shipping-quality protective case with wheels and an air release valve. It fits up to three NEOs, each with its compact light stand, barndoor set, power supply, and accessory pocket.