Become a part of the community. Register and take part in all the features the site has to offer.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Namibian Safari Photography Expedition

Morning guys.

I'm thinking of organising a Safari/Expedition Photography trip throughout Namibia or maybe a tour around Namibia(Luderitz, Spitzkoppe, Etosha, that kind of thing)

I've got 4 people interested on this side, would this be something you guys would like to do?
    I'd only be able to give further details once there's a tad more interest, though.

Everything will be arranged on this side, accommodation, transport, meals etc. The only thing you would need to organise is transport down to Namibia.

Who would be keen?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Namibian Safari Photography Expedition

Me thinks, and it might just be me, that with a better indication of when and how long more interest might be stirred up.
    Deon Lubbe

Post Thanks / Like

Yip,cost,when....how long....all those factors will effect interest....also what types of photography.....ie: landscape guys might want early morning, late evening shots....etc?
    Canon 5D MK III,14mmf2.8II L,16-35mm F4 IS L,24-70mm f2.8 II L, 70-200 F2.8 IS MK II L,400mm f5.6 L,100mm F2.8 Macro,Canon 50mm f1.4,Canon 40mm F2.8 Pancake, Canon MP-E-65mm,MT-24 EX Speed-light,430 EX Speedlight, Manfrotto MK055XPRO3-BH tripod with 498RC2 Ball Head
    https://www.facebook.com/MikeWrankmorePhotography

Post Thanks / Like

For now it's all in the planning stage, so those details will be a bit scarce.

Most likely next year around February, March when the country is nice and green. We'll head down to Etosha via tour bus and stay 1 or 2 nights. From there, back in the bus and down to Walvis Bay where we'll spend another night. Then into 4x4's and down to Luderitz all along the coast where we'll do some fishing and just chill a bit. In Luderitz we'll stay for another night or 2 (maybe even set up camp)and then head back to Windhoek on the tour bus. Participants can then decide if they want to spend a few days in the capital or head back home. So likely around a week or so by my calculations

As mentioned, costs would be a nightmare to work out without a rough indication of numbers.

Photography will be a bit of wildlife at Etosha and a lot of landscape as we head through the Namib and along the western coastline.

Please bear in mind guys, that this is pretty much just a pipe dream, before we start organising this, we need to know if there would be a genuine interest.

Hope I haven't rambled too much and this all makes sense