Become a part of the community. Register and take part in all the features the site has to offer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Canon EOS 360D

Post Thanks / Like

Question Canon EOS 360D

I just want to know if there is such a camera?

I want to start photography, im enrolling in a course next year and I asked my dad for a camera for my 21st birthday. This is the camera (EOS 360 D) he said he is going to purchase for me but I cant find anaything on the internet about this spesific camera.

Can someone please help me out and tell me whether this camera exists or not?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Canon EOS 360D

http://www.outdoorphoto.co.za/forum/...rder&desc=desc

Check this link out - it is the shop section of this site. You are looking for the 350D.
    Nudity is the most Avant Garde form of dress

www.elsahoffmann.co.za
    www.intimateimages.co.za

Post Thanks / Like

For once in her life, BP is actually right, and this on Canon camera's. Well done BP!!! There is no 360D, closest as per BP the 350D, other current models include the older 300D and 10D, and current 20D, 30D, 5D, and then the rather upmarket 1D series.
    Simon Du Plessis

www.actionimage.co.za simondp@actionimage.co.za

(I'll keep on shooting, and one of these days I'll get it right!)
    Contact me for training in Beginners, Macro, Wildlife or Sport & Action photography
    Please e-mail or PM me should you wish to have my comments on a specific image, or to comment/ask questions on my crits)

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Bluepixel and Simon DP.

Post Thanks / Like

You are welcome Liezl. You are one lucky girl to get a camera - and a good one at that. Hang around this site, you will get lots of good advise, and you will start your course next year six miles ahead of your fellow students.

BTW - you should call Simon "Oom" - he is rather old.

www.elsahoffmann.co.za
    www.intimateimages.co.za

Post Thanks / Like

Liezl, It is imortant to start off with a good camera body, followed by good lenses.
    The 350D is excellent and you (in my opinion) cant go wrong. Do remember that you will need good glass (lenses) as well. In my experience I have found that you often get a good "deal" - camera and kit lenses - be careful of those. Some of the kit lenses are fine, others are not. You also should have received a list of stuff you will need for the course. Let us hlep you by looking at it, and also let us know what course you are planning to do, and where. The guys on this site have the experience to help you choose right, and of course you Dad can also ask the relevant questions.
    By putting your location in your profile (you can change it) it helps identify where you are from, and then if there is someone in your area, they will probably be more than willing to help out.
    Now dont go and give your street address, town is fine.
    You are stydying at present - what do you aim to do with your photography? these are all relevant questions to help asnwer your problems. you are welcome to e-mail.

www.elsahoffmann.co.za
    www.intimateimages.co.za

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, BP, I had to respond to your signature, temptation got the better of me...

Men marry women under the mistaken impression they won't change and they do

Women marry men under the mistaken impression they will change and they don't...
    Wind thrill factor...

Post Thanks / Like

hahahaha Missionman - you dont want me to respond to your NAME do you .....

www.elsahoffmann.co.za
    www.intimateimages.co.za

Post Thanks / Like

A few weeks ago it was considered a spelling mistake to type 30D... Considering that Canon seems to replace cameras at 18 months cycles the 360D (if Canon call it that and why not?) could well be reality in a few months time.

The important difference between cameras and computers are that while last years's computer battle to run this year's program, I have found that last year's camera is more than adequate to photograph today's waterfall. There is still much pleasure to be had with older 300Ds.

In fact, when the 30D was introduced I took the oppurtunity to obtain a 20D at reduced price (via this site nogal!). In fact, right now the 20D / 350D price difference are not as much as previously and well worth looking at.

Post Thanks / Like

That creates an interesting question though (not the one about my name BP, the one about the upgrade on the canon coming before you get any ideas. I'll leave the name thing alone, because you obviously have a crude mind to have picked up an innuendo on a seemingly innocent name which is so typical of women )...

...is it possible for a camera to be upgraded too often? I understand technology progresses, but are the differences big enough to justify the new release or would you prefer less regular releases with more upgrades? The reason I ask, is because there are two problems you create:

a) the potential for bugs causing frustration with clients and regular firmware upgrades (a number of people complained about bugs on initial releases).
    b) the potential for accessory problems like the one experienced on the 20D battery grip for example
    b) the degradation of resale value on previous models (which I am sure wouldn't be too much of a consideration for manufacturers)
    Wind thrill factor...

Post Thanks / Like

There is a huge amount of people out there that just have to have the best and newest, cars, cellphones, cameras, flat screen TV etc. Product life cycles are becoming shorter and shorter by the year.

Look at your point and shoot cams, just how long do they last before they die? The two I had lasted no more than 2 years before they croaked, its designed to be like that.

The SLR's will last much longer but there is a whole mob out there chasing pixels and cant wait to buy more........
    Enjoy Global Warming while you can, the next Ice Age is on its way........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Missionman
    ...is it possible for a camera to be upgraded too often? I understand technology progresses, but are the differences big enough to justify the new release or would you prefer less regular releases with more upgrades?
    Oddly a lot of people think that there is hardly any difference between the 20D and 30D. Just the fact that you have spotmeterering on the 30D makes a huge difference for me. It is the metering mode I use almost 95% of the time, and I would not like to have a camera without it.

And yes, if a 40D comes out the price I'll get for my secondhand 30D will drop, but do I care? It's good for 150.000 photo's, and after that (almost) worthless. All that time I can use it with pleasure. My EOS 3 is at least 10 years old, and still going strong.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all, yesterday I was about to buy the EOS 350D when I heared the release of the EOS 360D you guys have been discussing since march is about to be announced (next week). I found this site by googling "Canon EOS 360D" so now I am wondering if any of you have heared of the EOS 360D by now aswell? I keep postponing buying a digintal SLR due to new releases and would like some expert opinion on this one! Cheers, Andrea

Frequent Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Andrea. http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=158022 has a few rumours and suppositions.

If you are patient, stick around for a few months and you are sure to get a newer model of the 350D.

I would advise you to take the plunge and get a DSLR soon. Don't put it off. You will still be able to use the model you buy, and if you are affraid that you will outgrow it, get one model up. That will certainly serve you well. Canon 20D secondhand should be very well priced and will still be perfectly good at taking photos when the 360D or whatever is released!
    James Mitchell
    -Once was Matatazela-
    New Zealand

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Matatazela, Thanks for the link and the info; sounds like it is ok to stick to the 350D. I have read & heared a lot about it so far but I am not familiar with digital SLR´s at all yet. What about the 20D / 30D? Any comparison possible? I mainly want to use it for sports photography; does that matter for the choice of camera?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Andrea,

DPreview has an online tool where you can compare most digitials on the market, here is a comparison of the 350D, 20D & 30D: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/comp...s350d&show=all

The site also has detailed reviews on all three camera, see a detailed review here.

Philip

Post Thanks / Like

Between 20 and 30D - little to choose. This this thread for a short version - what I've posted there is the basic advantages/gains.
    http://www.outdoorphoto.co.za/forum/...ead.php?t=1307

Both will be very good for sport - my 20D is used for motor sport about 80% of the time, and I have no intention of upgrading to the 30D, to little to gain for me. The 350D which you mention initially on getting, is a little slow for sports, 3 frames vs 5 frames per second (20/30D), also AF tracking not as accurate as on the 20/30D, but useable. 350D might fit smaller hands more comfortably though.
    Simon Du Plessis

www.actionimage.co.za simondp@actionimage.co.za

(I'll keep on shooting, and one of these days I'll get it right!)
    Contact me for training in Beginners, Macro, Wildlife or Sport & Action photography
    Please e-mail or PM me should you wish to have my comments on a specific image, or to comment/ask questions on my crits)

Frequent Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the 350D and agree with simon. It's only when you are next to someone with a 20D that you realise what fast is all about! I think the 20D / 30D have a faster autofocus as well, but maybe that is just me!

I agree about the size - it is 'dainty' to hold and I have very average size hands.
    James Mitchell
    -Once was Matatazela-
    New Zealand

Post Thanks / Like

Read it all, thanks for all the good advise, guys! So the 350D would fit best into my small hands alright but I do agree that what I like least about the 300D and about my own analogous SLR EOS 500N is the low speed of both AF and actual picture taking, so speed is high priority for me. Can I use a Canon zoom lens EF 75-300mm 1:4-5.6 III USM on the 20D?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea
    Can I use a Canon zoom lens EF 75-300mm 1:4-5.6 III USM on the 20D?
    Yes, for sure, all the EF (and EF-S) lenses will work on the 20D (and 350D). If you already have a 75-300 III great. If you are thinking of buying I would recommend the newer 70-300 IS USM
    Johan Pienaar (Pine)